Greenway Mortgage continues to celebrate National Homeownership Month. Homeownership has a lot of advantages from financial gain to a secure place to raise your family. For example:
- Your home may appreciate in value
- You can build equity to use for home improvement loans, education and other expenses
- Your home is your own – you can do what you like with it to reflect your lifestyle
- Home ownership can give your children roots in a community
- You may save money at tax time by deducting mortgage interest and property taxes (Consult a tax advisor regarding the deductibility of interest)
A home offers stability, especially as your children grow up. It’s a place where you can live the life you want, and where you can create the memories of a lifetime.
Take a look at this infographic here to find out if homeownership is the right fit for you! Here are 10 reasons why you should consider buying a home!
- Paying rent is not a good investment, but owning is a great way to start building family wealth.
- Not only does homeownership allow you to provide your children with great education, but you can also decide whether or not your child grows up with a pet.
- Owning a home provides you with tax benefits while also providing you with more living space to move around in.