Push back against rising rates with lower introductory terms
The 2-1 buydown is a strategy to help counteract the trend towards higher rates. When eligible clients opt for this program, they temporarily lower their interest rate during the first two years of the loan term by paying an upfront fee at closing. 2-1 Buydowns are available on conforming fixed products.
- 1st Year: Interest rate starts at 2% under the locked rate.
- 2nd Year: Interest rate is 1% below the locked rate.
- 3rd Year: Loan converts to the locked interest rate.
- 30-year Fixed Rate Conforming Loans*
- Conventional Purchases | Primary: 1-4 Units, Second Home: 1 Unit
- Conventional Refis | Limited Cash-out
- HomeReady / HomePossible | Purchase Primary: 1 Unit
- FHA, VA, USDA | Purchase Primary: 1-4 Units
- FHA 2nd Home | 1 Unit
- Clients who may earn more within a few years of obtaining mortgage.
- Clients who want to use the savings to reduce bills/debt.
- Clients receiving contribution or gifts that will fund the buydown at closing.
THE FINE PRINT
- Borrower must qualify for full monthly payment (before buydown rate is applied).
- Third-party contributions are eligible.
- Eligibility requirements, exclusions and other terms and conditions apply.